||[Jun. 30th, 2006|08:45 pm]
|||||sound of silence-> simon and garfunkel||]|
1. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone?
I wouldn't regret anything, I think. I know that there are things that I've been putting off telling people, but they're not of consequence, and I put them off for good reasons. I love my friends, my family, and my peanut.
2. If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
Yes, but not until after that one case out of a hundred was analyzed, typed, and the characteristics of a potential victim analyzed, and when those risk groups were properly advertised and discouraged from using the medication. Science is amazing.
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
The mind. I have memories of talking to my grandfather and watching TV with him, only to have him scream at the top of his lungs at me, tell my to say who I was, and demand that I leave his house. It hurts like no other, especially when he dies, and you don't know if he even knew that you loved him, or knew who you were.
4. If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so?
No, I don't even trust myself to pick my OWN profession.
5. If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do? (You can't stop it.)
I would pray. And continue my life as I want it lived... others first.
6. Would you accept twenty years of extrodinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you had to die at the end of the period?
7. If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?
I'd go through with it.
8. Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and will die in a month. They beg you to give them poison so they that they can die. Would you?
NO. I would not. They can do what they want, but I would never support that.
9. Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want as your dinner guest? as a close friend? as a lover?
anyone currently alive? or dead? Alive... Ewan McGregor? Jorge Posada? Pele? no clue. Dead... I'd cook for my grandparents.
Close friend= Stac. I like the way she eats, even if it is really weird. =D
I don't like the word "lover."
10. What is the worst psychological torture you can imagine suffering?
The silent treatment. Unfortunately, I don't have to imagine it. I remember it well enough.
11. You and a person you love deeply are placed in separate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses the button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediately be killed. What do you think you would do?
I would definitely press the button, but hopefully they wouldn't let me, because I sure wouldn't let them.
12. Would you be willing to go to a slaughter house and kill a cow? Do you eat meat?
I would clean a cow, but not kill it. Heck yes I eat meat.
13. For $20,000 would you go for 3 months without washing, brushing your teeth, and using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone, and there would be no long-term effect on your career. (You are not choosing one, you would have to go without all three.)
I wouldn't make it a day.
14. Which of these restrictions could you best tolerate: leaving the country permanently or never leaving the state in which you now live?
Never leaving the state. Wow. Kate copied Stac's answers... lol. Well, I don't blame her, they're all right. =P
15. If you could choose the sex and physical appearance of your soon-to-be-born child, would you do it?
16. Would you be willing to decrease your life expectancy by 5 years if you could become extremely attractive?
17. If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly tell you what they really think of you, would you want them to?
Yes. I'd be upset if they didn't/don't.
18. Would it disturb you much if, upon your death, your body were simply thrown into the woods and left to rot?
No, but I bet it would disturb the person who finds it. LOL.
No, I want to be buried, but just to follow Simon+Garfunkel...
well, I think the Bible said it first!
19. Would you like to know the precise date of your death?
20. Would you be willing to give up all television for the next 5 years if it would induce someone to provide for 1,000 starving children in Indonesia?
Yes. But that person should have provided the food regardless.